NIKON E2I

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
ronvol
antispam: No

NIKON E2I

Post by ronvol »

Has anyone ever heard of or seen one of these before?
I only recently found out about this model.

Last edited by ronvol on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
sfpeter

Re: NIKON E2I

Post by sfpeter »

Haven't heard of that variant, Ron; all I can find about it is this reference in a medical case:

http://www.mi-tokai.com/cases/case0130.htm
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Post by NikonWeb »

There's a handful of Google hits. Seems like a medical version. The E2I box label in your photo appears to be placed over the original E2 printed on the box. Would be interesting to see the bottom label on the camera itself.

My guess is that this (customized?) version is very close to the original E2 body.

Jarle
ronvol

Post by ronvol »

Thanks guys...........I came up with the same results you did.
I know where there is one for sale at the moment and am interested in purchasing it.
I'll let you know how it goes and post better images if I get it.
ronvol

Post by ronvol »

Here is a full brochure in Japanese. Thanks to Thierry Ravassod (NipponKogakuKlub) for these scans.
The E2I is part of the Nikon Eclipse E800 Microscope system.
Is there anyone on the forum that can translate to English?

Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

One of our members, Blakehoo, uses these. There really is no difference from the usual models, other than the extension tube for the scope. I had passed my E-series units on to him some time ago because he was still using the series in his biomedical research work.

This is a case of making a system out of the camera and scope, both of which existed as stand-alone products. At work, I use a similar setup with a Nikon trinocular scope and a Nikon video camera module hooked to a dedicated PC. At home, I have an older binocular scope with an adapter that replaces one eyepiece and hooks a Kodak DCS 560 up in place of my eye. So, that one works more like this setup than my more modern version at work. It's cheaper that way! ;)

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
ronvol

Post by ronvol »

Thanks for the info Stan.
I'll try and get in touch with Blakehoo and see if they can shed any more light on the subject.
I ended up purchasing the camera and it is due to arrive shortly.
I'm keen to find out if in fact there are any differences between the E2I and previous models.
I don't understand why Nikon would have gone to the trouble of creating a whole new model if that model is exactly the same as any previous ones.
ronvol

Post by ronvol »

Finally had a chance to upload some images of this very rare camera to my flickr page - http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDvVQTz

Also put some shots up on the little group we have going on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=t ... 750404623/

Still haven't been able to work out why Nikon went to all the trouble of creating another model just for microscope work. The E2I seems to have the same size, weight and specs as does the E2S.
angel_grig

Post by angel_grig »

Here are some photos from this camera from a yahoo Japan auction:

NIKON KIU

Post by NIKON KIU »

ronvol wrote:Finally had a chance to upload some images of this very rare camera to my flickr page - http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDvVQTz

Also put some shots up on the little group we have going on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=t ... 750404623/

Still haven't been able to work out why Nikon went to all the trouble of creating another model just for microscope work. The E2I seems to have the same size, weight and specs as does the E2S.
The first link doesn't work for me.

None of the images show on my desk-top either, save the last ones posted by angel_grig.

Does the serial number fall in the E2 batch?
Lets talk Nikon
DENNO

Post by DENNO »

NIKON KIU wrote:Does the serial number fall in the E2 batch?
Serial numbers are generally low and start with either 72 or 73