Photo Secretary for DCS-760?

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
SQLGuy
antispam: No

Photo Secretary for DCS-760?

Post by SQLGuy »

Does Photo Secretary provide additional customizations for the F5-based cameras over what it available from the Kodak menus?

Also, for extra credit, anyone have information on a DIY MC-33 cable?
Hobbyist photographer. Software developer by day. Something of a collector of both film and digital cameras. Enjoy working with obsolete technology.
SQLGuy
antispam: No

Re: Photo Secretary for DCS-760?

Post by SQLGuy »

OK. Photo Secretary is mostly unobtanium. However, there was a comparable, but newer, and nicer, product called Meta35.

I bought a copy of Meta35, which came with a USB to Nikon 10 pin cable.

Meta35 connects right up to my F5, and allows me to set things like the camera ID and custom features like whether Bulb is touch-and-hold, or touch-to-start/touch-to-stop. This Bulb option is not available from the camera-accessible custom functions.

For the DCS760, though, Kodak has taken over the serial interface for their own use. Its functionality can be configured from the main menu, but does not seem to allow customization like Photo Secretary and Meta35 support. As far as I can tell, even though these advanced settings are F5 body features, they are not configurable on the DCS760.
Hobbyist photographer. Software developer by day. Something of a collector of both film and digital cameras. Enjoy working with obsolete technology.