Got a good deal on a DCS-720x!

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
snapabraham
antispam: No

Got a good deal on a DCS-720x!

Post by snapabraham »

Hi everyone,

I just picked up a Kodak DCS-720x on Ebay. I can't post a photo taken with it yet because the Cameron Sino battery packs suck and won't hold a charge long enough to shoot a photo. So far all the controls work and it is VERY clean and new looking.

Does anyone have a source for a good battery for this camera, and NOT these crappy Chinese made Cameron Sino brand?

As soon as I can take some photos with it, I'll post a few. :)

snapabraham

Re: Got a good deal on a DCS-720x!

Post by snapabraham »

I just found out how to check the actuation count on the camera. Only 386! Wow!

I was able to squeeze out a couple of photos with the Kodak DCS-720x. The batteries I have are bad and won't power the camera up more than a few seconds. I have to return them under the warranty for two new ones. Until then I won't get a chance to really see what this puppy can do.

My Vintage Digital Camera blog is here: http://snapolson.blogspot.com/

sfpeter

Post by sfpeter »

Welcome to the club! Batteries are still out there on Ebay, the question is the chargers, and they are the low end Chinese batteries.

I've been able to get my 620X going by using an external Quantum battery (QB2) and you could probably do the same. The hard part is coming up with the right cable for it. Otherwise I gave up trying to use the NIMH batteries some time ago.
snapabraham

Post by snapabraham »

sfpeter wrote:Welcome to the club! Batteries are still out there on Ebay, the question is the chargers, and they are the low end Chinese batteries.

I've been able to get my 620X going by using an external Quantum battery (QB2) and you could probably do the same. The hard part is coming up with the right cable for it. Otherwise I gave up trying to use the NIMH batteries some time ago.
Thanks! I do own a Nikon nc2000e as well and have a post earlier on here about it and a link to my blog. I've posted a gallery of DCS 720x pics I shot today up on my Flickr account. Check them out here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikonman24 ... 834415718/

As for the batteries, I just two new ones today, and they are not much better at holding a good charge. I got about 100 photos off with both batteries. Same junk battery as before. I can't seem to find any other brand. I may have to look into the Quantum battery. Let me know what the cable is. Probably the same one for the 720x.
sfpeter

Post by sfpeter »

I made another post this evening about powering these up which has more details. The battery is a QB2 and the cable is a DC3. The NC2000 is harder as it needs to draw power from the internal battery connector. You can plug an external battery into the charging port as long as the internal battery is still good, which almost defeats the purpose.
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Post by NikonWeb »

If you haven't seen it already, you may find some useful info here: http://www.nikonweb.com/dcs_batteries/

Jarle