Wonderful, unsharp images

Discuss non-DSLR models (e.g. Coolpix cameras), other camera brands, your latest cool photography gadget, computer stuff and other photography related issues that don't fit in the Vintage Kodak and Nikon DSLR forums.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Wonderful, unsharp images

Post by NikonWeb »

The other day, I mentioned a pro photographer with a mobile phone photo blog (he's not the only one, btw). Here's a different approach to make less than technically perfect photos:

"For these series, I wanted to find a way to portray my dream-like visions entirely in-camera, rather than with post-processing manipulations. To achieve this, I created twenty-one hand-made film cameras and lenses that are frequently unpredictable and technically challenging. The cameras are primarily made out of plastic, vintage camera parts and random household objects and the single element lenses are molded out of plastic and rubber. Learning to overcome their extensive limitations has required me to rely on instinct and intuition – the same tools that are key when attempting to interpret dreams."

http://www.susanburnstine.com/

Great stuff! Enjoy!

Jarle