Powering on a Kodak DCS315

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.

Powering on a Kodak DCS315

Post by Guest »

Hi all. I just recently acquired a Kodak DCS315 off of eBay, and I can't wait to recieve the lens for it and start taking digital pictures with it.

However, in my experiments with it this morning... it doesn't power on.

There's no noises, or anything, it simply does not turn on.

DO you think that this may be because I don't have a lens installed, or is there some way of ensuring that when I do get the lens, it will work?

I've only tried batteries so far, mostly because I don't think I have any power adaptors that'll work, would Radio Shack possibly sell a power adaptor that might work?

I've already eMailed the eBay seller, and Kodak to see if there's any possibility that I'm just doing something wrong, or to see if they know something that i don't.

Thanks in advance.
Cory5412

whoops.

Post by Cory5412 »

Whoops, that was me, I thought I had logged in.

After examining the eBay auction further, I have found a small anomaly. The camera in the photos is NOT the camera I recieved, even though the auction specifically said "these are actual photos of the camera you'll get"

The serial# of the one in ahte auction is 03236, the one in my hand is 03226
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

DCS315 batteries

Post by NikonWeb »

Hi there and welcome to the vintage Kodak DSLR forum.

You should use rechargeable Ni-Cd or Ni-MH batteries with this camera.

Kodak does not recommend using standard AA alkaline batteries because they will not offer the performance (number of shots) that the recommended batteries offer.

More info on Kodak's website:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/ ... 5.38&lc=en

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Jarle
Cory5412

Post by Cory5412 »

Hmm... I am using rechargeable NiMH batteries, they say 1.2volts each though (Rayovac, they have "good for digital cameras" printed right on them)

Would the lens, or it's absence, have anything to do with this, maybe?
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

DCS315 power issue

Post by NikonWeb »

I'm not familiar with this particular model, but I've never seen a Nikon camera that will not power on just because the lens is missing.

One more thing I can think of: Try another memory card.

Jarle
Cory5412

Post by Cory5412 »

Hmm... ok, well I've tried it with the memory card (It's a type III ATA card, the 520 meg CallunaCard) and I've tried it without. :-\

I guess I'll be looking to buy another DCS camera shortly. :-\