Tip for DCS 500/600/700 users: Battery recelling

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Anssi Krooks

Tip for DCS 500/600/700 users: Battery recelling

Post by Anssi Krooks »

I have three original Kodak batteries and they all have quite poor performance (about 100 shots per battery) and one of them is so weak that it can't keep the DCS 760 on longer than few minutes. Kodak's Finnish importer let me know that a new battery should cost about 250 euros and shipment would take a few weaks from order.

After checking some 'Ultralast'-branded batteries at ebay (usually 80-90$ Buy it now -price) I went to my local battery store to ask if it would be possible to recell the original battery. The casing opened quite easily and inside there was six 4/5 A-size cells (1,2 V 1300 mAh) and few thermal sensors. New 1800 mAh -cells cost together 32 euros so recelling is much cheaper than buying those Ultralast-batteries from ebay. My battery should be recelled tomorrow or Thursday so I'll wrote more experiencies later this week. The battery guy said that this battery is a lot easier to recell than battery used in Nikon D1-series which he has recelled a lot.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: Tip for DCS 500/600/700 users: Battery recelling

Post by NikonWeb »

Good tip. I recently recelled an original Nikon battery for my QV-1000C (these are no longer available): Rebuild old camera batteries

Jarle
Anssi Krooks

Post by Anssi Krooks »

I finally had time to pick up the battery and currently it's charging for the first time. I'll report my experiences about battery life later this week when I have more time to shoot. Btw, price was dropped to 26 euro, not bad at all. ;)