Anyone interested in a 560?

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Stan Disbrow

Anyone interested in a 560?

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

I have a nice 560. Not using it much these days. Anyone interested for $300 shipped in the US before I put it on ye old auction site?

I was using it studio, so has the AC power supply but not battery or charger. I sent the charger from this one to Jarle long ago. It comes with a Canon EF to Nikon F adapter and has a split image plus microprism focusing screen (handy when using those older Nikkor manual focus lenses).

It also has a 50mm macro lens in the Canon EF mount which is, of course, auto focus.

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
Stan Disbrow

Re: Anyone interested in a 560?

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

More info on the 560. It is quite clean, no marks in it. It had been a studio camera before I bought it, then it remained a studio camera. I used it for T-shirt shots in the old screenprinting shop. I had a room there used for (a) the file server computers and (b) shooting T-shirts for the website. I now use the 760c for that.

The EOS-1 serial is 270168, and the DCS-560 serial is 01316. In case anyone cares. It has 17887 actuations on it. As usual with these cameras, the memory backup battery is dead, but that only affects the time and date, and then only if there is no main battery in it.

The EF lens with it is a Sigma 50mm f2.8 Macro which is, of course auto focus. The Nikon lens which I used with the adapter is an AI 105mm f2.5 that is nothing special other than I have two of them and only need one. It was perfect for shooting the T-shirts, though. I also have the Canon remote trigger that goes with it. This is the only Canon gear I happen to have, so it may as well stay together.

I will let this sit on the board for several weeks before I stick it on the usual auction site. I figure that if there is any place where someone might want a nice, clean one of these it will be here. I also figure that most folks are only checking in every few weeks, so I won't be in too much of a hurry. I only check in once a week and sometimes every other week....

If anyone wants shots of the thing, let me know. I won't clutter the thread up with them otherwise.

If someone really needs batteries and a charger with it, we can talk. I'd prefer to keep the charger even though I can rig up another way to charge the batteries for these. It's a lot easier to just drop them in the Kodak charger than it is to rig them up on the bench. :P

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
umrüd

Post by umrüd »

Hi Stan,

560 would be interesting. What would be the price for the body alone with shipping to germany?

Kind Regards,
Ulrich
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

I will have to figure out the shipping to Germany part... I have not tried that before.

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

In the end, I decided to keep the 560 in a permanent studio setup. It wasn't long after I figured I didn't need such a thing, that I wound up being proved wrong. :P

The 560 works so well at the job that there is no point in selling it off only to have to wind up with something else in its' place.

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Well, I decided to try it on the Big auction site. I really do not need both a 560 and a 760 at this point. It probably will not sell, though. At least not until everyone else out there gets to really missing Kodachrome. The thing will probably die of old age before that happens. :P

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Well. Proved wrong again. Someone bought it now at $500. Only a couple days in.

The ironic thing, is a week earlier, I had listed the 760 for the same price. It bid up to $200, well below my reserve. I figured (a) the F5 and (b) the newer sensor would be worth more. Proved wrong again.

Now I can unload the Canon accessories that I have which only worked with the one Canon body which I have. Or Had, now. :)

Stan
Amateur Photographer