Still having no luck with memory cards on the DCS 760...

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
spacespeed
antispam: No

Still having no luck with memory cards on the DCS 760...

Post by spacespeed »

Well, the SD card stopped working again, and I don't seem to be able to get it back working....

So I ordered a PCMCIA to CF adapter, and got a Kingston 4GB CF card. Unfortunately, the thing still doesn't seem to work.... card still isn't being recognized. I'm supposed to get a Seagate 5GB microdrive on Monday, so I'll see how that works out.

(And no, I don't actually have access to smaller cards - they seem way too expensive for their capacity. I'm checking out the prices on a Lexar 8GB card, though, in hopes that it might actually work...)
spacespeed

Re: Still having no luck with memory cards on the DCS 760...

Post by spacespeed »

Well, this is amusing - on an older laptop with PCMCIA slots, the laptop won't recognize the CF card in the adapter either (the adapter and card are "recognized" and given entries under device manager, but it won't display as a disk for some reason...) - but it is read/write-able on a USB reader. Potentially fried adapter?
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Sure does sound like it. If you can read/write a card on an USB, you can read/write on the card in a PCMCIA adapter. I'd certainly switch CF-PC card adapters as my next troubleshooting step.

later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
spacespeed

Post by spacespeed »

Well, quite interesting news: The ST1 seemed to work in the adapter (camera recognizes it, saves pictures to it). Strangely enough, it also seemed to make everything else work as well. Still have absolutely no explanation for this...