Kodak DCS 100 once more

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
umrüd

Kodak DCS 100 once more

Post by umrüd »

Now i get my complete DCS-100 System (Thanks for drivers to Jarle). But how could it be other - there are technical problems.
On Windows 2000 with adaptec PCMCIA-SCSI Adapter the DSU has recognized but in Photostyler the SCSI-host wasn`t found.
Sometimes the DSU doesn`t recognice the Camera, on other time you see ISO-Status but with message "Memerror".
The F3 Body doen`t power up.
Has anybody the possibility to measure the Pin Voltage from Winder to Camera Body?
Is there technical Information about the DSU?

Kind regards
Ulrich
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: Kodak DCS 100 once more

Post by NikonWeb »

umrüd wrote:On Windows 2000 with adaptec PCMCIA-SCSI Adapter the DSU has recognized but in Photostyler the SCSI-host wasn`t found.
Sounds familiar. I've never been able to communicate with the DSU, as described in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=329 - frustrating.

Regarding the other issues you mentioned, you can check the instruction manual found here, but as far as I remember it doesn't include any detailed technical specifications: http://faqs.kodak.com/kodakprofessional/FAQ_46_440.shtm

Don't know if you're able to power the winder when it's detached from the camera (??), but I could try to meter the voltage when I get back home next week.

Good luck. Please let us know how it works out.

Jarle
umrüd

Re: Kodak DCS 100 once more

Post by umrüd »

Hello Jarle,

thanks for offering to measure the pin-Voltage. Because i don`t know weather the DSU is shot, it would be one more step to see, whats coming out of a working unit. Next step would be whats coming out of the winder unit.
Hope the last step won`t be to throw away all of the equipement :lol: :lol:

Could it be, that the drivers have to modify for win98 or later? The symptoms from your and mine DSU are the same.

greetings
Ulrich