DSC DC3

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
thera
antispam: No

DSC DC3

Post by thera »

Hello Forum Members- When attempting to clean out the closets a couple months ago, I decided it was time to do something about the camera that had been in there, sitting in a case for years. I really didn't know anything about it so I went to a local camera store. They were kind enough to print a couple items off the internet about it, including something from nikonweb. Have been considering putting this on eBay, but would be willing to save myself the hassle if someone here would have an interest in buying it from me and make a good offer. The camera store identified it as a DCS DC3 with an M3 Imager. It is the CAMERA ONLY with no winder or other parts. It seems as though it will snap pictures from a button on the front and it appears that it may be able to be manually advanced. I have no clue if it works beyond that, though it is in like new condition on the exterior. Please contact me if you are interested. I can email additional pics if you would like them. thera52@yahoo.com
drummond93

Re: DSC DC3

Post by drummond93 »

Can you post some pictures of the back and bottom of the camera? The M3 imager resided on an attachment that took the place of the regular film back- which from appearances this camera doesn't have. From the pictures you have, it looks more like a regular Nikon F3.
thera

Post by thera »

I can take more if you need them.
thera

Post by thera »

Bottom
nikonnl

Post by nikonnl »

Hi, have a look here http://www.nikonweb.com/files/DCS_Story.pdf for more info. A very important part of the total equipment is missing, the Digital Store Unit, being a portable 'PC' with a 200 Mb hard disk drive and power unit to be carried on your back. 987 units were produced.
Nico

www.nicovandijk.net
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Post by NikonWeb »

The most important piece missing is the DCS winder. You could always get lucky and find a DSU later, but I've never seen anyone sell a lone winder. Also, realizing that the original DCS is - for all practical purposes - a useless piece of equipment, the camera by itself makes a nice addition to any collection, even without the DSU. Unfortunately, without the winder, it's just bits and pieces. For most people, the most interesting part is the F3 itself. By replacing the digital back with a regular film back, you have a complete and fully functional F3HP camera body.

Jarle