Another discontinued Kodak: DCS Pro SLR/n

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Another discontinued Kodak: DCS Pro SLR/n

Post by NikonWeb »

Not exactly vintage (yet), but I thought I'd mention this anyway:

Kodak "has discontinued the manufacture of all versions of the KODAK PROFESSIONAL DCS Pro SLR Digital Cameras. [The SLR/n and SLR/c] will continue to be available from Kodak until stock is depleted."

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/conten ... -6467-7835

"In our conversation with Kodak Pro we were assured that existing owners will continue to be supported through 2008"

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0505/05053 ... lrdisc.asp

Jarle
Brian Sweeney

Post by Brian Sweeney »

I certainly HOPE that Kodak stays in the business of producing professional cameras. A full-frame digital back for the Nikon F6 would be very nice, and give a 1st-rate full-frame digital choice!

Of course, we "E" series Nikon owners already HAVE a full-frame camera for use with our manual-focus lenses...
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Brian Sweeney wrote:Of course, we "E" series Nikon owners already HAVE a full-frame camera for use with our manual-focus lenses...
Hi,

Don't forget. The E-series works with all the AF lenses as well. It does have the happy feature that it also likes the ancient Non-AI MF lenses as well. :)

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
Brian Sweeney

Post by Brian Sweeney »

I feel ancient now. I remember when AI first came out, and my first Nikon was a Nikkormat FT2. I still have that one.

But do you think the E3 will work with my N-F adapter and the 25cm F4? (I worry that it will hang up on the AF contacts like older T-Mount adapters).
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Nikon N-F adapter

Post by NikonWeb »

Brian Sweeney wrote:But do you think the E3 will work with my N-F adapter and the 25cm F4? (I worry that it will hang up on the AF contacts like older T-Mount adapters).
Hi Brian,

I don't know if the N-F adapter will let you mount this old rangefinder lens to your E3 (I know nothing about rangefinder Nikkors).

I know that my T-mount adapter works with the D100 (I use it for astrophotography), but I'm not sure it's the same thing?

Please post the answer in the Nikon forum when you've tested it.

Jarle
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Digital back

Post by NikonWeb »

Brian Sweeney wrote:I certainly HOPE that Kodak stays in the business of producing professional cameras. A full-frame digital back for the Nikon F6 would be very nice, and give a 1st-rate full-frame digital choice!
Yes, please! (and make one for my old F4 as well, while you're at it).

Will be interesting to see the quality of the Leica Digital-Modul-R (which uses a Kodak sensor).

Jarle
Stan Disbrow

Re: Digital back

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Webmaster wrote:Yes, please! (and make one for my old F4 as well, while you're at it).
Hi,

Well, maybe we could scrounge up a cheap F4 and a cheap SLR/n and figure out a way to repackage the SLR/n guts onto the F4......

I have this feeling that using a 560/660/760 would be easier, but maybe that's simply due to the fact that I've had older units apart and have never had an SLR/n. I do figure that Kodak moved away from standard PWBs (in the older units) to flex-film, but maybe not.

Not to say that I think making up a digital F4 would be easy. The word 'easier' is a relative statement! :P

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer