Need software for Sound Vision CMOS-pro digital camera

Discuss non-DSLR models (e.g. Coolpix cameras), other camera brands, your latest cool photography gadget, computer stuff and other photography related issues that don't fit in the Vintage Kodak and Nikon DSLR forums.
avinoam123

Need software for Sound Vision CMOS-pro digital camera

Post by avinoam123 »

i got gift ....... A Sound Vision CMOS-pro but i cant get it to work ........ i need the software ...... can any one help ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-collect ... 6#shpCntId
DENNO
antispam: No

Re: Need software for Sound Vision CMOS-pro digital camera

Post by DENNO »

To my understanding there is no separate software for this tethered camera. All the company provided were some (twain) drivers to capture the feed in Photoshop and some development libraries to perform calibrations and adjust settings. I highly doubt there is still a (twain) driver for this camera out there somewhere since the company's website is down since 2003..
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Post by NikonWeb »

From the original FAQ: Can I use another Twain Compatible Program other than PhotoShop?

While our TWAIN driver is compatible with other image editing programs, we don't recommend it. The reason is that PhotoShop allows you to acquire 16 bit per color images, and to produce Curve Files (.ACV) that are compatible with our Plug-in. With PhotoShop, you will be able to create curves that conveniently map the 48 bit color images into 24 bit without having to manipulate each image.

More info via the wayback machine: http://web.archive.org/web/200103311242 ... 0PhotoShop?

Jarle
avinoam123

Post by avinoam123 »

Ok ..... i got it all set .....an old cumputer an old photoshop copy (v2.5) .... got the camera to power on ......but NO driver or twain to capture an image to photoshop :cry: