18 mp, full frame Leica rangefinder - M9 is here!

Discuss non-DSLR models (e.g. Coolpix cameras), other camera brands, your latest cool photography gadget, computer stuff and other photography related issues that don't fit in the Vintage Kodak and Nikon DSLR forums.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

18 mp, full frame Leica rangefinder - M9 is here!

Post by NikonWeb »

"The Leica M9 is the world's first digital system camera of its size to be built with a full-frame sensor - a CCD sensor developed specifically for the M9 - that is capable of perfectly capturing the full 35-mm format (24 × 36 mm) in ultra-high resolution. The new M9 - in the familiar, classic, and timeless M design, represents the quintessence of its predecessors based on the consummate technological level of our time. It is the perfect contemporary tool for those who set the highest standards in image quality and are committed to creating images of enduring value.

FULL - FRAME 24 x 36 MM CAPTURE WITHOUT ANY COMPROMISES

The combination of an extremely high-resolution sensor, high performance M lenses and careful processing of the digital picture data provides the best picture results under all conditions. The proprietry CCD sensor in the LEICA M9 with 18 Million Pixels, allows the utilisation of the full 35 mm format. The sensor of the M9 uses a newly developed cover glass to eliminate infrared light contamination and allows the utilisation of existing Leica M lenses with out a loss of image quality. The use of external UV/IR filters is not required."

Anyone else want one?

Jarle
NIKON KIU

Re: 18 mp, full frame Leica rangefinder - M9 is here!

Post by NIKON KIU »

I really don't.
But I see you got yours, or is it a loaner?

Kiu
Lets talk Nikon
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: 18 mp, full frame Leica rangefinder - M9 is here!

Post by NikonWeb »

NIKON KIU wrote:But I see you got yours, or is it a loaner?
Hi Kiu - I'm afraid it's a loaner, but I'd love to have one. I may even agree to trade one of my Nikon QV-1000C kits for a M9 with a nice lens, if anyone's interested. Or maybe not. Make me an offer, and we'll see :-)

I've started on a M9 article, which I hope to publish soon.

Jarle