FINALLY!! I got my E3s up and running.

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
snapabraham
antispam: No

FINALLY!! I got my E3s up and running.

Post by snapabraham »

Hi folks,

Well, I've been able to figure out a workaround to power up my E3s, which was sitting for the longest time. I've posted photos from it to my Flickr account. I detail there how I was able to do it.

Check them out here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nikonman2 ... 375748380/

On a side note: So far I've only been able to shoot in JPEG mode. I can't seem to open the TIFFs the E3s makes with ANY of the software I have.

Does anyone know what software will open the TIFF it makes?? Thanks in advance! :D
Stan Disbrow

Re: FINALLY!! I got my E3s up and running.

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
snapabraham

Post by snapabraham »

Hi Stan,

I already have this version of Nikon software. I can see the tiff in the thumbnail preview but when I open it to edit it, the software crashes. I think I need the original software that was used for this camera when it was new. If anyone has a copy I can get, that would be fantastic. 8)
nikonnl

Post by nikonnl »

There is an old(er) software which may work with older digital cameras, introduced in 1994: FAScinator Photostacker PRO. It still works under Windows XP etc. If you can't get it, sent me your email address and I'll sent it to you. Just some 2 Mb., but really fascinating.

regards,

Nico

www.nicovandijk.net
D1/D1X/D1H/D2H/D2X etc.
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

IIRC, I used Photoshop 4 when I had my E series units. I do not recall using any software from Nikon or Fuji.

Your crashing is probably due to using too new of a computer and op sys. Most older software was machine dependent due to using timing routines which were based on whatever was the processor of the day.

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Post by NikonWeb »

snapabraham wrote:Does anyone know what software will open the TIFF it makes?? Thanks in advance! :D
I've opened the TIFF files in Nikon View and Capture in the past. Perhaps it's an OS problem you're seeing. Try to run the program under Windows XP, if possible, or try to change the compatibility settings for the program.

You can also use RAW PhotoDesk, an outdated program I wrote more than ten years ago: http://www.rawphotodesk.com (this domain will expire soon). Let me know if you want to try it, and I'll send you a free copy.

Jarle