Fuji DS-565 / Nikon E3s on eBay ends 2005/06/26

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Stan Disbrow

Fuji DS-565 / Nikon E3s on eBay ends 2005/06/26

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Here's one missing the shutter button. While I can't be 100% sure, I'll bet that the part is still available (and used on other products).

Has battery, and we know that the E3 packs had the same connector as the D1, so finding a charger will not be difficult.

Happy bidding. It's at $9 with no bids as I write this. :)

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

German E2N w/20-35mm f/2.8

Post by NikonWeb »

There's also an E2N with a 20-35mm f/2.8, two batteries, charger, etc. on the German eBay site:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... eName=WDVW

2 bids so far. Current price is 201 Euro. I'm tempted to bid, but I have another sweet deal going on.. When it's done I'm going to lay low for a while :wink:

(And yes, it's yet another low serial number: 7100006)

Jarle
drummond93

Broken E3 (Fujix 565)

Post by drummond93 »

I'm kind of interested in this one for parts and the battery... but how easy does one actually think it would be to replace the shutter button? (It also is missing the on/off rotating ring that is underneath /around the shutter button?

Nathan
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Now, keep in mind that I'm looking at the pix of the thing on eBay, so that might be misleading.

However, it looks to me like the switches themselves are still in place and just the plastic actuation parts are missing. It also looks like those plastic parts just snap into place.

I looked at my E2, and it appears that the on/off ring and shutter button are an assembly, and that one could pop them off. However, I didn't go so far as to try popping it off in case I'm wrong about all this. :P

To know more, I'd have to have the busted E3 in my electronics shop where I could take a long, hard look at it......

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Well, OK. I did it. I bid on the silly thing. Apparantly, I have contracted a case of Nikon Acqusition Syndrome (NAS) from this group. :)

Should I win this, I'll either (a) have a repaired E3s at some point, or (b) a pile of E3s parts......

I'm telling myself that I'll be able to repair this and then pass it on to another collector later on. Yeah. Right. Most likely the thing will wind up as a pile of parts because I actually have no clue as to where I'm going to get the two missing switch parts (I'm rather hoping that they're the same as used on the F4).....

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
NikonWeb
Site Admin

E3 parts

Post by NikonWeb »

Stan Disbrow wrote:Most likely the thing will wind up as a pile of parts because I actually have no clue as to where I'm going to get the two missing switch parts (I'm rather hoping that they're the same as used on the F4).....
Hi Stan,

Good luck with your bid and Acqusition Syndrome :)

I'll take a closer look at my F4 later today and compare it to the E3S. I think these parts are identical -- at least on the outside.

Jarle
NIKON KIU

BIDDING

Post by NIKON KIU »

OK Stan,
you can have this one,I'm off.But I am going to keep my eye on if,if you get outbid,I may be back in 8)
Looking at the picture of the top plate,do I see a crack across the right side,where the missing switch is.
I e mailed them for serial number,no response yet. :(
Kiu
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Re: BIDDING

Post by NikonWeb »

NIKON KIU wrote:OK Stan,
you can have this one,I'm off.
You're a real gentleman, Kiu :)

Let Stan have his E3 (you already have one, don't you?)

I've also asked for the serial number several days ago. No reply :(

Jarle
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

Aw, heck. I didn't know that was you. I figured that no one from here was interested in it since it was broken and no one had posted to the thread saying that they were after it.

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
NIKON KIU

BIDDING WAR

Post by NIKON KIU »

OK,I dont want to see a bidding war and now I see drummond93 bidding,
guys I have my E2 and E3 but I don't have a E3s.But I can Wait.
I think the guy who doen't have any should have priority.
Since we have this forum and we can all talk together its best if we can work it out and not get into bidding against each other so we can buy them as low as we can.
I am thinking about the E2n out of germany :twisted:
Please, can have the winner post the serial number up!
Kiu
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

I agree. No bidding wars. There are a lot of E-series units out there, and only eight of us at this point, so it should be doable. :)

Perhaps a good way to go about it would be to have a thread for each one as they come up, then whomever wants it can post an 'I got it' when they bid. Of course, then poor Jarle has to erase them after they expire. ;)

I've taken to running a series of searches on eBay for these things lately. That's why I originally posted this thread, so ya'll would know it was out there. I wasn't too interested in it, and then got to thinking that I might be able to fix it.....

Anyway, the one on eBay Germany is mentioned in this thread, and as far as I'm concerned Kiu has posted an 'I got it' for that one. :)

Later!

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Brian Sweeney

Post by Brian Sweeney »

Go For it!

Somehow I seem satisfied in the Early Digital Nikon Department.

But I have this urge to get a Minolta RD3000! HELP!
drummond93

Stan can have it... no bidding wars needed!

Post by drummond93 »

Stan,

The E3s is yours.. or Nikon Kiu can get it, or the next one if he's still in the auction. I hadn't checked in on this board in a while to see who was bidding on it, didn't realize that Stan was going to go ahead... so it's his if he wants it. I've already got a E3s, this one was just going to be for parts (like Stan, I think) If either you wins it and then decides it can't be fixed, I have another broken E3s that I'd like to see if I could get a part from you to fix mine if you end up letting this E3s become a source for parts. I only bid $55, I'll not bid again. I need a functioning mode select "wheel" (at the back right hand side of the camera, mine's there but doesn't function... I've had my E3s apart and just need a replacement plastic wheel.) I could probably scavenge it from any E2/E3 series camera, but I don't have any broken ones yet to use as a donor body.

And, if anyone wants any DCS 200's or 420's, I've got a couple of each laying around ... Jarle's already spoken for one entire kit, but I've still got spares.

Nathan
NikonWeb
Site Admin

And the winner is..

Post by NikonWeb »

Congratulations Stan!

The Fujix DS-565 (E3S) was sold for $57. That's a good price for a full frame camera! Hopefully, you'll be able to find and fix the missing part(s).

It's good to see we're all friends around here. Still, we should understand and respect that there may be future auctions where someone wants to make a bid even if someone else on this forum is interested. Let's say someone listed a QV or another extremely hard to find item. Please, no hard feelings if and when that happens. (Still, it's always smart to wait as long as possible before starting a bid war.)

Also, you should know there's a risk involved when discussing eBay items on a forum like this one. There are more readers than posters around, and you could risk causing unwanted interest. It's a double-edged sword. Just something to think about.

Looking forward to hear some more details about your new camera Stan. Have fun!

Jarle
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Old auctions

Post by NikonWeb »

Stan Disbrow wrote:Perhaps a good way to go about it would be to have a thread for each one as they come up, then whomever wants it can post an 'I got it' when they bid. Of course, then poor Jarle has to erase them after they expire. ;)
I'm not too worried about such old threads. In fact, it can be useful for a historical forum to include information about previous auctions.

Jarle