E Series grip compared

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
NIKON KIU

E Series grip compared

Post by NIKON KIU »

I have the original E2 and came in as a well used pro camera.
The rubber piece on the right grip was loose and coming off,after finding out that the Nikon USA in California has some parts available, I ordered one :D
Sadly, when the replacement came in it was missing the red vertical line present on the nikon cameras of the era :cry:
is it possible the the fujix version is also missing the nikon red line?
Kiu
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: E Series grip compared

Post by NikonWeb »

Correct. My DS-565 does not have the red line (my E2N does). Apparently a cosmetic difference between the Nikon and Fujix models.

Jarle
drummond93

Other differences

Post by drummond93 »

Something else that's different between the Nikon and Fuji versions... the bottom piece of the camera, which includes the baseplate (not just the tripod mount, but the entire bottom piece- a single piece casting) is different between the 2. The Fuji is straight across, while the Nikon has a slight cut-out near the battery. I'll get some pictures and post...

It's unknown to me why the slight difference, because the 2 plates would have to have been different castings.. entirely different metal forms would have been needed.... which is seemingly a useless modification.

Nathan
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: Other differences

Post by NikonWeb »

Hi Nathan,

Are you sure these are the 'same' models? I thought the Nikon and Fujix bodies were identical, except for the markings and - as it turns out - the red trademark Nikon stripe.

Jarle