QV 1000C serial numbers

Discuss Nikon E2, E3 (incl. Fujix DS-505, 515 and 56x models), the original Nikon D1 and other discontinued Nikon DSLRs. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Post Reply
spreefurt
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: Germany

QV 1000C serial numbers

Post by spreefurt » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:53 pm

Do you know the serial numbers of the QV 1000C? If it is true, that only 180 or 190 cameras exist, the serial numbers should confirm this. I have bought one (my first), unfortunately without lenses or other accessories, only the body with charger. The serial number is 200292. How does this fit to the total number of 180 or 190?

Webmaster
Site Admin
Posts: 1005
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:12 pm
antispam: No
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: QV 1000C serial numbers

Post by Webmaster » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:43 pm

Wow. You got one of these? Consider yourself lucky! Where did you find it, and how much did it cost you?

The total number of 180-190 units comes directly from Kenji Toyoda, the Nikon manager in charge of the camera's development.

The serial numbers I've seen, including my own: 200011 (probably a prototype, owned by Nikon UK), 200242, 200299, 200322 and now yours: 200292.

Jarle

spreefurt
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: Germany

Re: QV 1000C serial numbers

Post by spreefurt » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:00 pm

Webmaster wrote: Where did you find it, and how much did it cost you?
I found it at ebay. The price (incuding shipping) was 72 Euro. But remember, that it is only the body.
Webmaster wrote: The total number of 180-190 units comes directly from Kenji Toyoda, the Nikon manager in charge of the camera's development.

The serial numbers I've seen, including my own: 200011 (probably a prototype, owned by Nikon UK), 200242, 200299, 200322 and now yours: 200292.
Perhaps the serial numbers do not begin at 20001, but at 200201, and the lower numbers were reserved for prototypes?

Webmaster
Site Admin
Posts: 1005
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:12 pm
antispam: No
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: QV 1000C serial numbers

Post by Webmaster » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:31 pm

spreefurt wrote:I found it at ebay. The price (incuding shipping) was 72 Euro. But remember, that it is only the body.
Great deal! Do you have a link to the auction listing?
spreefurt wrote:Perhaps the serial numbers do not begin at 20001, but at 200201, and the lower numbers were reserved for prototypes?
Yes, that's probably the case.

Other Nikon prototypes I've seen have these 000 serial numbers. In fact, I recently tested a D200 prototype with such a serial number.

Jarle

spreefurt
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: Germany

Re: QV 1000C serial numbers

Post by spreefurt » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:49 pm

Webmaster wrote:Great deal! Do you have a link to the auction listing?
QV 1000C

It is the only QV 1000C I ever saw at ebay.

Webmaster
Site Admin
Posts: 1005
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:12 pm
antispam: No
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: QV 1000C serial numbers

Post by Webmaster » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:57 pm

spreefurt wrote:It is the only QV 1000C I ever saw at ebay.
I know of one other unit sold on eBay Germany a few years ago, but they are obviously few and hard to find.

Jarle

NIKON KIU
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Washington DC USA

Re: QV 1000C serial numbers

Post by NIKON KIU » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:05 pm

I found it at ebay. The price (incuding shipping) was 72 Euro. But remember, that it is only the body.
You kidding me, under a hunderd dollars? DEAL OF THE CENTURY!! :o
I pay you 3 times that if you got tired of it :lol: 5 times :P :?:
I have been looking on e bay for a long time and I missed it...straight out of Great Britain :cry:
Oh Well,
Kiu

Post Reply