CALIBRATION DCS460C .HELP!!

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
SEAN

CALIBRATION DCS460C .HELP!!

Post by SEAN »

HI
I HAVE MY CAL. FILE FOR MY DCS460C FROM KODAK.CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE DO I PUT THIS FILE AND HOW. I CAN'T READ MY IMAGES UNTIL I STORE THIS FILE SOMEWHERE.
THANKS.
drummond93

Kodak Cal file

Post by drummond93 »

Sean,

It's been a while since I've had to do this, but from memory at work I think you'll do the following:

1) Download and install the Kodak DCS Twain Acquire-plug-in for Windows/ Or Mac. If it didn't come on disk with your camera, no problem- Search this website or google "kodak twain DCS camera plugin" to find it. It should still be on Kodak's website... HERE: (you might have to register to get the file- look on the left under "Firmware and Software Downloads - click, then enter your login/ register)

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professi ... s460.jhtml?

You can also try direct linking to the download page HERE, but it may not work unless you register.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professi ... ndex.shtml

If that link won't work, email me, I've got copies of it at home. PS, there are a couple other files regarding color calibration and the DCS file format.. you can download and install those as well.

2. Once you've installed that, you then need to copy/move the .cal file into your TWAIN32 directory..... the place where the Kodak Plug-in for Photoshop is stored.

On a windows computer, it would be something like:

C:\Windows\Twain32\1432.cal (or maybe Twain_32)
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: CALIBRATION DCS460C .HELP!!

Post by NikonWeb »

Here's some Kodak info:

If you cannot see the image on the computer and the message "Cal file is missing" appears, look for the cal file in the following folders.

- The calibration file should always be in the same folder as the images and the DCS Acquire Module.

- The latest DCS Acquire Module installs a folder entitled, 'DCS Plug-ins into Adobe Photoshop Plug-ins, import/export'. You must copy or install the cal file into this folder for the DCS Acquire Module to see the cal file.

- For WINDOWS OS-based computers, locate the cal file in the Windows / TWAIN_32 /Kodak-DCS folder.

http://faqs.kodak.com/kodakprofessional/FAQ_58_709.shtm

Jarle
Wolfi

Post by Wolfi »

Hi,

I have a DCS 460c too.

Is there any advantage of working with twain and cal files please?

It works just great with compact flash cards and ACR
precertvideo

Post by precertvideo »

I emailed Kodak for the .cal file for my 460 color camera but they haven't responded...(fair enough for a 10 yr old camera)

I realise it may not work properly, but I'd be extremely grateful if someone could email a copy of their file so I can try using the camera-it's beginning to itch!

jon at precertvideo.com

Many thanks in advance,

Jonathan
DCS serial no. survey
RC-760, EOS-1D & Ds Mk I, II, III, EOS*DCS-3, 5, DCS, DCS-200ci, 420, 460, D1, D1H & X, D2H & X, E2, F, F2, F3, F4, MVC-2000, 5000, 7000, RD-175, 3000, EF 50mm f/1.0, Audi S2, Porsche 911, GSX-R1000 K9
precertvideo

Post by precertvideo »

Many thanks for your replies, esp. Ross Alford.

Kodak have finally sent me the correct file-it works perfectly (using TWAIN).

If anyone else has trouble getting one, or for an example, mine can be downloaded here http://www.killingforculture.com/plugins/460-2729.CAL

Obviously it may not work perfectly, but better than nothing if using TWAIN.

The file name would need changing to the right serial number, as well as the first line of the file.
DCS serial no. survey
RC-760, EOS-1D & Ds Mk I, II, III, EOS*DCS-3, 5, DCS, DCS-200ci, 420, 460, D1, D1H & X, D2H & X, E2, F, F2, F3, F4, MVC-2000, 5000, 7000, RD-175, 3000, EF 50mm f/1.0, Audi S2, Porsche 911, GSX-R1000 K9