My unsuccessful DCS420c and items for sale

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
taffer

My unsuccessful DCS420c and items for sale

Post by taffer »

Hi all !

Well, my attempt to get an apparently fully working Kodak DCS 420c was frustrated by the customs office :evil:

Apparently they found fun to hold my parcel without notifying me so I could pay the taxes and pick it up so it was returned to the seller as unclaimed. Didn't want to risk a second attempt due to the expensive shipping charges from Canada, so this could be the end of my story with classic DSLRs :(

That said, I had in mid converting the F90x body from that set into a fully working film camera and got some of the necessary gadgets.

As I'm not going to need them anymore I thought they could be useful to somebody here. They are:

1) A brand new in box MS-8 battery holder for the N90/N90s body. $15
2) Also brand new flash Viking ATA pcmcia flash card. 128 Mb. $10

Worldwide shipment via air letter (normal or certified), paypal strongly preferred. I couldn't test the pcmcia card but should you find any problem when using it I'll gladly refund your money.

If you're interested pls email me to skopar AT gmail DOT com. You can check my feedback on ebay under lamparadelava, or username 'taffer' at the rangefinderforum.com.

Sad goodbye for a wanted-to-be DCS user :_(

Albest,

Oscar

PS: Moderators, please feel free to delete the message if it's not allowed to post for-sale ad's on this forum.
Last edited by taffer on Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: My unsuccessful DCS420c and items for sale

Post by NikonWeb »

Hi Oscar,

Sorry to hear about your customs problem. Have you filed a complaint? Probably won't help, but it's worth a try.

Perhaps someone else closer to Canada can buy the camera from you (if you already paid for it), and have it shipped to a different address?

Good luck!

Jarle
taffer

Post by taffer »

Thanks for the input Jarle :)

In fact didn't consider complaining about it. Found it so bizarre that didn't even know how to react... Also I could get a refund from the seller so it wasn't actually too bad.

I thought about having it sent again and also a friend from the US offered me another DCS, but now I'm a bit picky as I also lost track of another parcel coming my way, you know, I'm starting to have a bit of bad karma about it all ;)

The story of these oldies is still fascinating though so I'll keep an eye open just in case something pops up locally :)

Albest !

Oscar
drummond93

MB

Post by drummond93 »

Oscar:

I've emailed you at your gmail.com email address... I'm interested in the MS-8 battery holder and the Viking ATA flash card if you're not wanting them. I've done what you're trying to do... and it works, although it's not a perfect solution, it's a relatively cheap way to get a digital SLR camera w/ the Nikon system.

you can also reply on this board...

Nathan
taffer

Post by taffer »

Thanks for your interest Nathan, I already replied to your email :)