Kodak 500 and 600 series

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Stan Disbrow

Kodak 500 and 600 series

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

So, are we going to consider the last of the '3rd party body' Kodak units as 'vintage' at this point? I can talk about the 560, 660, 620x and 720x as well, since I had all of them at one point or another. :)

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Sure!

Post by NikonWeb »

Hi Stan,

Absolutely. Feel free to discuss these later models as well. They're all discontinued, and -- as I keep saying -- an important part of DSLR history.

Let's collect and share as much useful (and not so useful) information as possible. Hopefully, this forum will become a treasure chest of information for future generations of digital photographers (sounds awfully serious, doesn't it?)

Jarle
Stan Disbrow

You are so correct

Post by Stan Disbrow »

hi,

What has already happened, is that there are people just getting into the DSLR side of photography, and many of them are seeing these now vintage units on eBay and various 'for sale' boards. It's becoming tougher all the time to find information on these things. So, you're correct in that we have an opportunity to have a place where those folks can find out just what a particular older unit can do.

Actually, the 500 and 600 series Kodak units were very well designed. they have all the important features that make a DSLR so useful. Yes, they have operational limits that are a bit more restrictive than what's in current production, but no so much so that someone can't make good use of them. :)

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer