kodak 420c camera

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
steve

kodak 420c camera

Post by steve »

Hi
I've just bought a 420c .Can anyone tell me what storage card I can get
for this camera and what to ask for .Also can I get a battery charger and new battery.
I'm new to vintage dslr's .hope you can help .
Regards !
Steve
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: kodak 420c camera

Post by NikonWeb »

Hi Steve and welcome to the wonderful World of vintage DSLR's!

Memory
You should get a PCMCIA flash ATA memory card. You'll find plenty of these on eBay. The memory limit of this camera is 512 MB, so you'll probably want to get a card that's a bit smaller than that.

If you have a laptop with a PCMCIA slot you can simply insert the card into the PC and access it as a regular hard drive, meaning you don't have to get an external card reader.

You should also be able to use a modern Compact Flash card in a regular PCMCIA adapter, but only if you have updated your camera to the latest firmware. To keep it simple and avoid any issues, it's easier to get a PCMCIA card in the first place.

You'll find some more info in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=11

Battery charger
You'll need a ELPAC MI2815 battery charger. These are also relatively easy to find on eBay, but prices vary a lot. You shouldn't have to pay more than $40, or so.

Replacement battery
The battery can be changed, but you'll need to open up your camera. Here's some info on Kodak's website: How to Replace the Battery Pack

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jarle