Kodak dcs 315

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Paul

Kodak dcs 315

Post by Paul »

I bought a Kodak DCS 315 on ebay. It had only 600 articulations. With shipping I paid $41.00 for it, but it came with no lens or hot mirror filter. The Pronea does not compare well to the N90s Nikon., but since the 315 shares the same senor as the 420, I thought I would try it. After taking a few pictures I placed the card in my card reader and was shocked when the picture came out as 156 x 104; awful. I tried photo shop and HP zone, it made no difference, but then I down loaded DCS photo desk. When I opened the pictures they suddenly read as 1529 x 10008. The picture was sharp and had wonderful color. I still need to have a few printed, but for 4 X 5 pictures, I think the quality will be pleasing.
umrüd

Post by umrüd »

Hello Paul,

with dcs-Cameras you are shooting raw-files. Without Raw-Converter Software like photo desk you get only previews.
The later dcs-330 basing on the pronea-body too has an Antialiasing-Filter for reducing moire and artefacts. You can install this filter or an infra-red filter in the body. Sometimes in auctions there are offers or damaged bodies.
Hot mirror filter you can buy for lenses too, should improve picture quality.

Greetings
Ulrich
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks
Makes since.
Wolfi

Post by Wolfi »

I have taken off the anti aliasing filter of the 330, it is sharper without. some moire issues, but I don't care much