Complete Kodak DCS set sold for 2071 €

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Paps

Complete Kodak DCS set sold for 2071 €

Post by Paps »

A complete Kodak DCS 100 + DSU, in case, originally proposed at 2750 €, and relisted at 2550 € has finally been sold to the US through a direct offer at 2071 €.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Kodak-DCS-100-Ur-Dig ... dZViewItem

I start fearing it will take a very long time before I find one at a reasonable price !

I will wait by playing with the DCS 460 M I got recently. By the way, I'm quite amazed by the picture quality !

Happy New Year to all site members and visitors.

Paps
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Post by NikonWeb »

Wow. I'm pretty sure that's the most expensive DCS kit I've seen so far, not counting the one that was listed on eBay in January 2006, with a 10.999 euro price tag! It did not sell.

According to the description (roughly translated from German): "the 1.3 megapixel camera originally sold for 49.000 DM.

The number of buyers was extremely low and it would not surprise me if there's less than 20 complete and functioning copies worldwide."

It's a relatively rare camera, no doubt about that, but less than 20 complete and functioning copies worldwide? I don't think so.

Typically, the kits I've seen so far have sold for around $1000 or less.

Jarle