DCS 100 focusing screen sold for $113.50!

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

DCS 100 focusing screen sold for $113.50!

Post by NikonWeb »

A focusing screen for Kodak's F3 based DCS 100 was sold on eBay for $113.50! (Item number 120041493375, location: Genève, Switzerland)

I'm looking for one of these myself, but not at that price.

I'm not convinced all bidders realized that they were bidding on the focusing screen only, as the auction photos includes the DCS winder and back as well.

Jarle
nik0web

Post by nik0web »

I recently bought a focusing screen on eBay as a "What If":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

I put it away, what should I do with it?

When the seller of this screen listed the camera I asked him about the screen. My suspicion is that he still had the camera and was unaware of the significance of the focusing screen. Before he answered my question I got a message concerning the item being sold ( I assume by an off eBay Buy it Now). The guy came up smelling like a rose. He still has the camera, I guess. Looks like if you part one of these out you can do quite well.

Anyway Jarle, I have one. What do I do with it? Nsxdream bid $52 for this one.
Keep your mirror up!
nik0web

Post by nik0web »

For reference the link to the original item is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 10337&rd=1

John
Keep your mirror up!
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Post by NikonWeb »

nik0web wrote:I put it away, what should I do with it?
You could keep it for possible future use, or sell it to me :-)

I'm not desperate in any way, and I'm afraid I won't pay more than $25, or so. Please contact me directly if you want to sell it.

I also bid on the original listing (that was ended "because of an error in the minimum bid or reserve amount"). I guess the back/winder was sold outside eBay, but that's only speculation on my part.

Jarle
nik0web

Post by nik0web »

I have an extra DCS 100 back with no winder and the screen. The cameras are readily available. I need a winder to complete the camera set, which I may never find. I think I'll wait.

John
Keep your mirror up!
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Post by NikonWeb »

nik0web wrote:I need a winder to complete the camera set, which I may never find. I think I'll wait.
These things are hard to find, but not that hard. Just be patient. You'll find one eventually.

Jarle
bleos

Post by bleos »

hi john,

i have a winder with no back. i've been waiting to find the back to match up to it. drop me a line if you are interested in working something out.
nik0web

Post by nik0web »

i have a winder with no back. i've been waiting to find the back to match up to it.
If you also have a viewfinder post that here as then we can complete two cameras ( assuming the F3's). If not contact me privately as were both very interested.

We should start a piecemeal thread here to match up those who need with those who got. I see pieces everywhere for legacy digital stuf. It's a shame, how many cameras get broken up. Mainly I think by the US government. They have loads of old digital stuf every month, very seldom with the batteries and the power suplies/chargers. Where do they get rid of the missing accessories.

John
Keep your mirror up!
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Wanted

Post by NikonWeb »

Just for the record: I'm looking for a F3/DCS focusing screen and viewfinder extension. Please let me know if you've got a spare one for sale.

Thanks,
Jarle
NikonWeb
Site Admin

Re: DCS 100 focusing screen sold for $113.50!

Post by NikonWeb »

Another one sold on eBay today. I got it. $75. Too much, but I couldn't help myself.

Jarle