DCS200 Contacts!

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Brian Sweeney

DCS200 Contacts!

Post by Brian Sweeney »

I took the DCS200 and the N8008s with MF-20 out today. Very hot and humid. The DCS200 refused to snap a picture. Exchanged the camera portion, same problem. Both N8008s portions worked with film, not the DCS200. DCS200 LCD turned on, just "No Click!"

Got it home, hard drive spun up just fine using thw TWAIN driver, again "no click" with the camera. Pressing the shutter release lit up the LCD on the DCS200 back, but camera would not take a picture.

Turns out the electrical contacts on the N8008s side of things needed to be cleaned. Look fine: but some electrical problem. Cleared them out, all is well. At least I do not need to replace the DCS200 circuit board!

Well anyway, the N8008s seemed to enjoy shooting film, loaded with Kodak BWC.

It's just amazing this Digital Stuff ever caught on.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: DCS200 Contacts!

Post by NikonWeb »

Brian Sweeney wrote:It's just amazing this Digital Stuff ever caught on.
Once again, I'll quote the excellent NC2000 article at robgalbraith.com:

"I could never trust what the camera was doing. When you popped that card into the computer there was always that little thought in the back of your mind: what happened this time, what went wrong? But you kept doing it because it was so cool. And it was where the industry was going."

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_ ... -6463-7191

Jarle