Complete DCS 100 kit on eBay w/o the CAMERA!

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
nik0web

Complete DCS 100 kit on eBay w/o the CAMERA!

Post by nik0web »

I found a rather nice looking DCS 100 kit on eBay everthing looks really clean. Only problem is there doesn't seem to be a camera. The price ($999.99) would be high, I think, even with a camera.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... %3AIT&rd=1

I asked the seller about the (3) battery condition and whether he has the camera. I could use the user manual as I only have the communications manual. For future reference the S/N is K370-3129. It's got an 8MB buffer.

Anyone seen this particular unit before. I wonder what the starting bid will be when relisted.

John
Last edited by nik0web on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep your mirror up!
NIKON KIU

Post by NIKON KIU »

I send him a question as well...asking if he would lower the price!
:P
Kiu
Lets talk Nikon
nik0web

Post by nik0web »

He posted a reply on the listing for my question. You can interpret it yourself?? There's also another question posted as to the missing camera. It's a shame. This looks like it could have been possibly a mint set. Who would seperate/loose the camera.

John
Keep your mirror up!
NIKON KIU

Post by NIKON KIU »

I mentioned the last two sold for less than $800 and they included the camera! Here is his reply(which is not publicly displayed like the other two):

I did not see the last two were sold like you said, would you give me information of them, item number?
Yes I'm willing to lower the price but not sure how much. I think you very much know how much it does cost. Email me at acura8894@yahoo.com if you have any questions. Thanks. capitalsoldier.

What do you think? I was thinking I should email him the Auction number for the one nxsdream bought for around $500 :twisted:
I am gonna suggest he lower his starting bid to $500 :wink:
Kiu
Lets talk Nikon
NIKON KIU

Post by NIKON KIU »

I sent him the email :D
I feel like I owe one to John...so I am gonna work this seller.
Kiu
PS please fix the URL it doesn't work John!

UPDATE:
Look at the price now!! :D :lol: :P
Lets talk Nikon
nik0web

Post by nik0web »

Kiu

First of all let me fix the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Now and most importantly: IT'S SOLD! for $550. I guess he lowered the asking price. I thought Pete recently bought a whole kit with camera for $700+ with a camera.

That was a very clean outfit, but it's gone......

John

Updated: 8/4/2006
The link to the outfit Pete bought mentioned above is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Just to make this easier to follow.

John
Last edited by nik0web on Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep your mirror up!
nik0web

Post by nik0web »

Re-visiting the past! The nsxdream purchase looks like it may have a stuck mirror. Am I wrong?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7620064633

John
Keep your mirror up!
bleos

Post by bleos »

yes. you are wrong

is there some reason you feel the need to analyze this 3 month old purchase again and again and again and again and again and again?
nik0web

Post by nik0web »

A bit touchy!

What creates value for an item is recent sales. We had an item sell for $550 without the camera, and a very recent sale for $431 that did have the camera. This is not the New York Stock exchange. Each item has a measurable value based on wear, cleanliness and even market presentation.

Other than the seller and one of the questioners all of the participants in the most recent sale were members of this forum, and each had some meaningfull input which resulted in the transaction that occured on eBay.

Welcome to the forum.

John
Keep your mirror up!
NIKON KIU

Post by NIKON KIU »

The one mentioned on this thread got sold to a member!
If I am not wrong it was missing the actual back with the sensor.
I am sure the fellow member bought it to fill up missing items on his....the rest should be available to us!!
Go ahead, ask him John.
Rejoice,
Kiu
Lets talk Nikon