Searching pictures taken with a DCS-100

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Camnut

Searching pictures taken with a DCS-100

Post by Camnut »

The title says it all, i want to find one DCS picture the most unprocessed possible. (Slight JPG acceptable)

And a question for DCS-100 users, Is possible to use the f3 crank instead of the motor? Because i see a kind of fun out of cranking a Digital cam...

Hey, if someone want to see undoctored DCS 420 or 460 pics, no problem.
pfraser

Post by pfraser »

i want to find one DCS picture the most unprocessed possible
Although I have not been able to get my DCS working reliably, I did find several images on the disk (I assume from the previous owner). These are raw 8-bit CFA images. I will send you one or two if you want. The color space seems to be RGB, but it's not Bayer. It looks like three columns green, with the fourth alternating red and blue.

You don't get much more unprocessed than that!
Camnut

Post by Camnut »

Hello, if you can send it to my email...

The address is sl7ot.del3orean@te5rra.es

Please, remove the numbers to get the OK mail address.

Cheers.
Camnut

Post by Camnut »

pfraser sended to me te picture, the RAW file appeared B&W. Because this, i searched some info about this strange sensor.

http://www.epi-centre.com/reports/9306cs.html

This link got some info about DCS 100 and 200. Also shows the CCD array of colors.

I know the AP2000 camera got a CCD the same size of DCS100, but i ignore the color pattern.

A fast workarround (Partly) is use a dust+scratches filter, at his minimum setting it blast away the black dots, resulting in a pretty decent B&W image. (A bit of jaggies in corners is possible). Otherwise the B&W seems pretty neat.

Luckily the DCS100 CCD follows a fix pattern, this way avoids you to map pixel per pixel the image area. The expresion can be this.

R=1
G=3
B=1

The letters are the basic colors, the value number means the amount of horizontal pixels.
The decoding kernel may look like this...

R G (loop till end of line)
B G (loop till end of line)

and so...

This would scan the image left to right and up to down asigning the right polor to the pixels.