solid color bars in my dcs420c pics Help!

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
Camnut

solid color bars in my dcs420c pics Help!

Post by Camnut »

My 420c started to make images with horizontal thin green lines (like some sort of mutant interferences)also the camera said me E2 when trying to read the card I scandisked the card in my laptop, he found errors, i formated as FAT the card and scandisked she again, no errors this time, i slided the card to the camera, the max storage gone grom 52 to 63 shots :shock: i shot a couple pics, slided the card in the PC and the test pics are perfect.

Actually i don't know if bad images mean only a bad card or if it mean coupler failure...

Those errors can be caused by using 35mm flash guns? (The old cable ones)
Stan Disbrow

Post by Stan Disbrow »

Hi,

It is possible that the back-voltage from the firing of an older handle flash caused the controller in the camera to 'hiccup' while writing the file out to the card.

It's also quite possible that there were some errors on the card that the PC straightened out when it was reformatted.

If the card itself is going bad, it'll do this again, and then you'll know.

Stan
Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
Camnut

Post by Camnut »

Was only the card, i burned 12 pics or so with the formatted card (maxtor 105) with or w/out flash with none problem.