Pin out voltages wanted for DCS 600 / 700 series

Discuss older Nikon-based Kodak digital SLRs, including DCS 100, DCS 200, NC2000, DCS 400/600/700-series, etc. Ask questions, post general comments, anecdotes, reviews and user tips.
jroberts

Pin out voltages wanted for DCS 600 / 700 series

Post by jroberts »

Hi, I am new to the list. I have a DCS 600 /700 type camera which I purchased on Ebay, but without a battery or a power supply. I would like to build an external power supply, but I need to have the pinout vultages of the battery and of the power supply itself. I am under the impression that as far as the battery is concerned, besides the 7.5 Volt pins, that there is also some type of loop through that act as a system of informing the camera if an authorized battery is being used, thus a continuity tester may be required to determine the use of some of the pins outs on the battery.

As for the power supply, I think that there are 4 things that provide "information" to the camera, including the two main pins, plus the smaller pin and perhaps also the shielding itself.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone in this forum could measure the battery voltages and also the power supply voltages with a micro-meter and tell me the mystery!! I also would like to hear from anyone who has built an external power supply for these cameras. Thank you for your time.
NikonWeb
Site Admin
antispam: No

Re: Pin out voltages wanted for DCS 600 / 700 series

Post by NikonWeb »

Hi there and welcome on board.

Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question. Meanwhile, you may find some of this info useful:

First, you should try to write Kodak professional support at kprodigital@kodak.com. There's a fair chance you'll get a useful reply. These guys are usually surprisingly good.

You can also take a look at these:

Battery Information for Kodak Professional DCS 500, 600, and 700 Series Digital Cameras

Using AC power

Good luck.

Jarle
umrüd

Pin out for DCS 7x

Post by umrüd »

High,

i´ve made an external battery pack using 6 miha baby-blocks.
If you get the 3 pin male connector and look on it you see two bigger pins above and one thin pin (down).
The left is positive, the right is negative. The thin pin has no funktion.

+ -

no function.

If you get a charger you can divide the cable and solder bnc connectors, so you can use battery and power supply.

greetings
Ulrich